Title: Surgery Manager
Location: Meadowhall and Leeds
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express is the UK’s only complete eye care provider, and Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye surgery and premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery. Each week Optical Express Surgeons undertake more laser eye surgery and private intraocular lens procedures collectively than any other providers.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. Operating clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express, supported by an esteemed International Medical Advisory Board, is a thought leader in the global optometry and refractive surgery industry.
Optical Express gives patients their very best results through investing in state of the art technology, employing experienced, highly skilled surgeons and optometrists, continuously analysing clinical outcomes and working with pioneers and innovators from within the industry, to include Johnson & Johnson Vision and Zeiss.
We’re looking for someone to join our management leadership team for our prestigious clinics in Meadowhall and Leeds. It’s for a Surgery Manager; who will be responsible for setting and maintaining world class surgical team standards throughout the clinic. You will have the experience and gravitas to lead and support the team comprising surgery assistants, nurses and surgeons, all the while ensuring targets for Laser Eye Surgery and Intraocular procedures are met through effective utilisation of resources.
The main aspects of the role are
• Identifying and implementing systems to ensure world class surgical treatments and appropriate patient outcomes.
• To motivate the surgical team to achieve the clinical KPIs and targets for treatment volumes.
• Providing support for the team in efficient and productive use of surgery time, maximisation of surgery lists, accurate and timely reporting is key to success.
• Taking responsibility for managing the Clinical Governance and HCC systems centrally and ensuring full compliance – first time, every time.
What we need from you
It goes without saying you will be comfortable leading a diverse and senior team, preferably in a clinical setting, and you have;
- excellent communication and presentation skills
• an adaptable, flexible approach to work
• top notch Microsoft office and outlook
• meticulous attention to detail
• confidence, and integrity to operate with the upmost discretion
Whilst clinical experience or qualifications will set you apart you absolutely must have –
• A proven track record of developing a team
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• A hands-on and customer-centric approach
What’s in it for you?
• Exposure to cutting edge technology and techniques
• Competitive salary and additional company benefits including product/treatment discounts
• The opportunity to work with talented colleagues to truly change people lives
What’s also in it for you?
• Free or discounted optical products/procedures
• Competitive/ and industry leading salaries
• Career progression / Defined and unparalleled career path and progression opportunities
• Modern working environment with superb technology support
Please apply now by uploading your CV.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer