Job Title: Patient Healthcare Assistant (Optical)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
It’s our Optical Healthcare Assistant’s role to make our patients feel like a superstar from the moment they enter our clinics. Our Optical Healthcare Assistants are often the first person our patient interacts with. Every day will bring something new!
- Building relationships with patients and ensuring regular communication prior to and following their treatment
- Assisting in patient consultations / practice visits
- Undertaking diagnostic scans on patients using state of the art equipment as part of a full health check
- Assisting patients to complete health & lifestyle questionnaires
- Introducing patients to their optometrist
- Scheduling treatment dates for vision correction surgery
- Advising on traditional vision correction solutions, namely glasses and contact lenses
- Discussing finance options
- Accurately maintaining patient records
On completion of training the role will also involve:
- Pre-operative testing; conducting tests prior to examination and treatment and assisting during the consent appointment process, including providing information to patients prior to their procedure.
- Patient discharging; instructing the patient pre and post procedure on the care of the eyes, updating medical records, making follow up appointments.
Are you our ideal candidate? The answer is yes if you:
- Previous experience within optical or healthcare environment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to absorb and convey highly technical information
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Have a passion for providing world-class customer service
- Possess strong organisational skills
- Display a keen eye for detail
- Are motivated and driven to succeed
If you believe you have the right skills and attributes for this role, we would love to hear from you.
A career at Optical Express is fulfilling, fun and rewarding. As an employee, you can benefit from the following:
- An industry leading salary plus excellent bonus potential
- State of the art, modern working environments
- 29 days annual leave
- Free Laser Eye Surgery and Intraocular Lens Surgery
- Free eye tests
- Discounted prescription eye wear and sunglasses
- Generous Optical Express friends and family discount scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Perkbox wellbeing and business to business discount scheme subscription