Title: Legal Administrator
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology. For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care.
At Optical Express we’re committed to giving patients a world class level of service and clinical care. With over 100 clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express offers a full range of eye care services from laser eye surgery, lens surgery and private cataract surgery to glasses, contact lenses and routine eye examinations.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity. The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
If you are interested in working for a market leader in a clinical field, then this role may be for you. We are seeking a talented Legal Administrator to join our in-house legal department who are based within our prestigious city centre office on St Vincent Street, Glasgow.
The role of the Legal Administrator will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Document management
- Maintaining and updating electronic files including case management files ensuring they are kept up to date, accurate and in accordance with company policies
- Assisting with day-to-day tasks for the in-house solicitors
- Undertaking basic clerical tasks on behalf of the legal team e.g. filing, scanning, photocopying etc.
- Drafting letters to clients and third parties
- Research tasks to provide information to the in-house solicitors
- Managing databases, including updating records as required and undertaking regular audit and data cleansing activities
- Mailbox and diary management
- Dealing with telephone enquiries as they arise and referring to the appropriate member of staff
- Assisting with the preparation of witness statements/precognitions
- Assisting with updates to third parties
- Ensuring compliance with the appropriate protocols
- Handling of confidential and sensitive information in line with the company’s data security policy
- Flexible and willing to work within a busy team environment
- Be able to work efficiently and have good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Being able to multitask effectively
- Confident in working independently, but also work well within a team
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload
- Ownership of tasks and able to work to deadlines
- IT literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience of Scottish Court proceedings desirable but not essential
- Experience of English Court proceedings desirable but not essential
- Experience of medical malpractice/personal injury/litigation desirable but not essential
- Must have a minimum of three years working in an office/administrator role
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Onsite restaurant
- Modern working environment with excellent technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.