5 Benefits of Studying for the Independent Prescribing Qualification
The course enables optometrists to clinically assess and diagnose patients and prescribe where necessary.
Optical Express offers all optometrists in our business the opportunity to study for the Independent Prescribing (IP) qualification in conjunction with Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Flexible learning – most of the study required on the course is carried out in your own time and online. There’s a requirement for optometrists to attend a series of practical and theoretical days at the university, but primarily learning is carried out at a distance. This means you can fit your study around your life and commitments.
- Forefront of the optical industry – the ever-changing landscape of the optical industry means it’s crucial to adapt in order to provide patients with the very best care. Updating your skillset by gaining the IP qualification means you’ll be pioneering your way through the industry.
- Develop your skills and learning – continued professional development brings many benefits to you, the optometry profession and the patients you treat. It keeps your skills up to date by plugging any learning gaps and demonstrates your dedication to your profession and your patients.
- Opportunity to do new things – the greatest advantage of gaining the IP qualification is the opportunity it gives you to become proficient in tasks that aren’t available day to day in optometry, such as lacrimal syringing.
- The cost is covered – optometrists at Optical Express who undergo the IP course benefit from their course fees being covered completely by Optical Express. Fulfilling your personal development goals is as important to us as it is to you.
You can read more about our clinical director Noelle’s experience of the IP course and why she feels it benefits optometrists.
If you are interested in joining the Optical Express family and gaining access to our industry leading training, then contact our Recruitment team who’ll be happy to let you know what opportunities we have across the UK and what other development opportunities we can offer you. You can contact us at email@example.com or 01236 795146.