Theatre Practitioner (RGN/ODP) – Full & Part time positions Nationwide – Industry Leading Salary.
Optical Express, the UK and Ireland’s number one provider of laser eye surgery and private lens surgery are currently recruiting Theatre Practitioners to join our busy surgery teams.
Operating in our state of the art treatment centres, our surgery teams are crucial to our patients’ visual outcomes and to the success of Optical Express. If you’re looking for a role that will allow you to continue to learn and progress, read on….
We have full and part time opportunities for Theatre Practitioners across the country. Our part time positions may suit someone looking to supplement their existing NHS commitments or individuals who are simply looking to work on a part time basis.
Maybe you are an experienced Theatre Practitioner looking for a new challenge in a different field, or you might be early in your career and want to make your mark in the ophthalmic industry, providing you have a passion for delivering world class patient care, our environment could be the perfect fit for you.
By joining Optical Express you will be welcomed into an industry leading team which is going from strength to strength. We are continuing to open new state of the art clinics and treatment centres in locations across the UK as well as investing in advanced clinical and diagnostic technologies.
For Theatre Practitioners looking to explore new opportunities, Optical Express has a lot to offer. Our range of ophthalmic treatments mean that our Theatre Practitioners benefit from real clinical diversity. You will work alongside our expert Ophthalmologists as part of our refractive and cataract surgery multidisciplinary clinical teams, meaning you’ll be involved in leading edge practice, learning from some of the country’s leading specialists in clinical eye care.
The role of a Theatre Practitioner is varied, with responsibilities including:
- Laser Vision Correction – Scrub
- Intraocular Lens (Cataract) – Scrub
- Anaesthetic assistant
- Pre-operative assessments
- Undertake pre-screening diagnostic duties
- Discharge patients with after-care advice and medications
- Medicines management
What’s in it for you?
- A market leading salary
- No night shift and No on-call
- State of the art, modern working environments
- 29 days annual leave per year
- Pension scheme
- Paid professional fees
- Indemnity Coverage
- Free Laser Eye Surgery and Intraocular Lens Surgery
- Free eye tests
- Discounted prescription eyewear and sunglasses
- Generous Optical Express friends and family discount scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- An accessible management team and transparent management structure
- Working in a larger clinical team means less pressure on our staff and more time to spend with our patients
- Perk box subscription
- Full visibility of 6 week rota