An exciting time to be an optometrist at Optical Express.
We are the UK’s only complete eye care provider and Europe’s leading private provider of laser and lens implant, eye surgery. With clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express offers you a huge variety of exciting career opportunities.
Whether you are early in your career, or already vastly experienced we would love to hear from you. From specialised refractive optometry to routine eye and contact lens examinations, no other UK optical business can offer you the same clinical diversity and opportunities for accelerated career development. Our career pathway is unique in the sector.
We have a comprehensive and rolling training programme, so even if you have no previous experience carrying our refractive consultations, we want to hear from you and we can help you acquire new skills. Modules that form part of the programme are CET accredited.
As an Optical Express optometrist, you’ll have access to the most advanced equipment from market leaders like Carl Zeiss and Johnson & Johnson Vision. Over £400 million has been invested to ensure that our modern, state of the art clinics are equipped with leading-edge technology and diagnostic equipment that helps us achieve the best possible clinical outcomes for our patients.
At Optical Express we want our Optometrists to reach their full potential through comprehensive and ongoing professional development. We are committed to supporting our Optometrists to gain an Independent Prescribing (IP) qualification through our unique partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University. The IP course, fully funded by Optical Express, is the first step on the path to gaining an IP qualification. We will support you in your clinical placements and in preparing for the Common Final Assessment of the College of Optometrists.
So if you are interested in progressing your optometry career in a growing organisation with state of the art clinics, access to the best equipment and technology, and the opportunity to expand your clinical skills and learn from some of the most renowned ophthalmologists in the country, Optical Express is the place for you.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an optometrist to join our thriving clinic in Bournemouth. Centrally located in the prestigious Richmond Hill area of Bournemouth, this modern clinic is well-equipped with the latest technology and offers a range of services from laser eye surgery consultations, glasses and contact lens fitting.
Your day will be varied, and will include:
- Pre and post-operative consultations for our refractive surgery patients
- Providing clinical support to our ophthalmologists
- Eye Examinations
- Contact Lens related work
The ideal candidate will be:
- Articulate, with excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Passionate about developing others
To ensure you have maximum support day-to-day, you will work alongside an exceptional professional team in the clinic, as well as having access to invaluable guidance from the Clinical Services Team, which includes some of the most experienced Optometrists and Ophthalmologists in the specialist areas of refractive surgery and cataract care.
We are committed to providing optometrists across our business with rewards and benefits that really make a difference. The fantastic range of benefits you will receive include:
- A market leading salary with the possibility of a relocation package.
- The opportunity to significantly increase your salary through our reward and recognition scheme
- We can offer an array of fantastic flexible working patterns to suit your lifestyle
- Ongoing training and coaching throughout the year from our experienced Learning & Development team
- The opportunity to gain the IP qualification, fully funded by the company
- The opportunity to attend our CET events to gain CET points and improve your knowledge
- Access to world class ophthalmologists and surgeons – giving you the opportunity to receive first-class in-house clinical guidance
- Free laser eye surgery
- BUPA Healthcare plan
- Private pension plan
- Indemnity cover
- Your GOC fees paid
- Relocation opportunities across the UK and Europe
From providing our own unique professional training, to rewards that recognise great performance, you’ll find life at Optical Express more satisfying than you ever imagined.