Lead Theatre Practitioner
About Optical Express
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
We have exciting opportunities for Lead Theatre Practitioners with Ophthalmic experience to join our multidisciplinary refractive and cataract theatre teams, making a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis. As a Lead Theatre Practitioner with Optical Express you will be a vital member of the team, using your sound clinical skills, knowledge and leadership experience to drive clinical effectiveness and champion best practice across the organisation.
Our surgery teams are crucial to our patients’ visual outcomes and to the success of Optical Express. If you’re looking for a role that will allow you to continue to learn and progress this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As the Lead Theatre Practitioner, you will support the Surgery and General Clinic Manager by leading the theatre team to ensure safe, effective and efficient delivery of clinical care. Your key responsibilities will focus on patient centric care, participating in the entire pathway for patients and taking responsibility for the theatre team including equipment, instrumentation and standards.
The main aspects of your role will include:
- Advising and supporting the Surgery Manager to ensure clinical standards in line with all Optical Express policies, directives, protocols and procedures are maintained.
- Working with the Surgery Manager, you will ensure that theatre standards are implemented, and adhered too in a systematic way across your unit.
- You will lead and support on both the clinical governance and regulatory compliance within the clinic.
- You will work with the Lead Theatre Practitioner Committee, which reports directly into the Clinical Governance Committee to drive clinical effectiveness across the organisation.
- You will ensure all clinical and non-clinical staff are appropriately trained and managed, ensuring the completion of mandatory training, performance and quality.
- You will be required to work at different surgical sites as required to meet the needs of the business.
Main Responsibilities & Key Duties
- You will be a visible leader for the Theatre Team, encouraging development and motivation within the team.
- Maintain adherence to national regulations and ensure regulator inspections are planned for success
- Adhere to good record keeping, drug administration in line with HCPC and The Royal College of Nursing and The Pharmaceutical Society guidelines, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversee and undertake scrub procedures in ophthalmic cases, supporting the Theatre Team as a Senior Theatre Lead and ensuring safe patient care.
- Support the Manager to ensure all equipment is fit for purpose and use.
- Undertake ILS training and ensure your team are suitably trained to Resuscitation Council guidance.
- Adhere to Information Governance rules on data protection.
- Actively ensure the clinic is meeting its statutory responsibilities in respect of equality and diversity.
What’s in it for you?
- A market leading salary
- No night shift and No on-call
- State of the art, modern working environments
- 29 days annual leave per year
- Pension scheme
- Paid professional fees
- Indemnity Coverage
- Free Laser Eye Surgery and Intraocular Lens Surgery
- Free eye tests
- Discounted prescription eyewear and sunglasses
- Generous Optical Express friends and family discount scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- An accessible management team and transparent management structure
- Working in a larger clinical team means less pressure on our staff and more time to spend with our patients
- Perk box subscription
- Full visibility of 6 week rota