Job Title: Contracts Manager – Healthcare (Commissioning)
Salary: Highly competitive salary (Equivalent: Agenda for Change Band 8A)
Optical Express is the UK’s only complete eye care provider, and Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye surgery and premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery. Each week Optical Express Surgeons undertake more laser eye surgery and private intraocular lens procedures collectively than any other providers.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. Operating clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express, supported by an esteemed International Medical Advisory Board, is a thought leader in the global optometry and refractive surgery industry.
Optical Express gives patients their very best results through investing in state of the art technology, employing experienced, highly skilled surgeons and optometrists, continuously analysing clinical outcomes and working with pioneers and innovators from within the industry, to include Johnson & Johnson Vision and Zeiss.
Optical Express are looking for a Contracts Manager to join a dynamic and successful team.
This post will best suit a candidate with previous experience of working within a healthcare environment. Ideally within a contracts or commissioning background, with knowledge of the NHS Standard Contract terms and conditions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, negotiation and management of all healthcare commissioning contracts.
Working in close partnership with both private and public medical sectors plus corporate partners, a key focus will be to develop key relationships with new and existing businesses, managing a portfolio of corporate partnership accounts, and increasing revenue through the growth of strategic partnerships.
The successful candidate must be a commercially-minded, highly driven and tenacious individual. They will work to predefined key performance indicators designed to deliver overarching commercial and business objectives.
With excellent communication and negotiation skills, you must have experience in liaising and influencing senior management from both clinical and non-clinical environments across a range of business sectors.
Previous experience within a management role is desirable. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills, along with the ability to forge and maintain relationships. Management of a busy workload is essential and to be able to prioritise, quickly find solutions and to focus on critical issues when independent decision making is required.
The desired candidate should possess the following:
- Hold a relevant degree or have equivalent relevant experience in managing and monitoring contracts, as well as developing and managing client relationships.
- Have excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Be articulate, credible and able to persuade and negotiate with colleagues, commissioners and other stakeholders.
- Have great analytical, reflective and reasoning skills coupled with the ability to solve problems.
- Be self-motivated, and able to work autonomously.
- Be collaborative, supportive and able to demonstrate a commitment to providing the highest quality of care to our patients.
- NHS experience is desirable but not essential.
- You will possess a full driving licence, as the role will involve travelling for business.
The Contracts Manager will report directly to the Director of Performance and Service Delivery.
What’s in it for you?
- Rewarding salary
- Free or discounted optical products/procedures
- Discounted prescription and non-prescription eye care (including family)
- Career progression
- Cycle to work scheme
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer.