Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
This is a high-profile post responsible for delivering safe and effective care, by overseeing the management of quality across a portfolio of services. The post holder will advise the Senior Leadership Team on the requirements needed to meet all quality, clinical regulatory and professional standards.
The post has responsibility for delivering a wide portfolio of functions to maintain quality across all service areas; these include CQC regulatory compliance, governance and safety.
The post holder will work with the Divisional Clinical and Operational Directors, using leadership skills to ensure that the quality agenda is delivered across the organisation consistently.
Throughout any programmes of transformation and improvement, the post holder will ensure that the quality of services and the professional voice are not adversely impacted, bringing challenge and solution-focused methodology to ensure services are delivered efficiently and without reducing quality of service user experience.
The post holder will work with key personnel including the Registered Manager and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the organisation is compliant with all regulatory requirements, advising the organisation on how the regulations should be interpreted and working with Registered Managers on ensuring these and other national quality standards are embedded in practise.
Responsible for providing all regular and ad-hoc reports for the Clinical Governance Committee as requested by the Clinical Services Director, these reports form the basis for assurance that the organisation is providing safe and effective quality driven care.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop an audit plan and ensure audit aspects of services are developed and embedded in practice
- Identify clinical information that provides supporting evidence that the care being provided to patients is of high quality and safety
- Acquire, collate and interpret highly complex, sensitive or contentious information for dissemination and communicate to multi-disciplinary teams of clinical colleagues and senior managers
- Lead on external reporting of quality or safety matters where relevant
- Advising the Clinical Services Director of any significant clinical governance issues that must be reported externally to a regulator or professional body (e.g. CQC, HIS, CCG etc.)
- Ensure treatment and/or advice is delivered in line with the professional standards of the organisation as approved by the International Medical Advisory Board (IMAB) and of the regulatory bodies and Faculty/Royal Colleges/Specialist Professional Organisations.
- Ensure quality is embedded within all the service areas and that they are compliant with all statutory regulations
- Be responsible for the production of the monthly Quality Assurance & Risk Report
- Be responsible for producing board reports, strategy and policy documents as required to communicate highly complex information to a range of people, including senior colleagues, agencies, clinical colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure clinical governance systems are robustly implemented and operated
- Provide project management oversight to new clinics within the group, ensuring these clinics adhere to all expected internal International Medical Advisory Board (IMAB) and regulatory standards
- Provide specialist advice, support and training, to colleagues, senior managers and clinical leads, on aspects of quality assurance including incident investigations, root cause analysis and internal reviews.
|Knowledge & Skills||